The past two weeks were filled with my end of semester exams. Was trying to cram as much as I could into my tiny brain. Hence wasn’t able to update the blog at all. Now that it’s over ill be able to post regularly now that I’ve worked out a rhythm. For those who stuck with the blog, thanks a lot! For those who were disappointed with lack of new content, I’m really sorry and guarantee that ill be posting regularly from now on! Thanks for reading xtremetechie! 🙂
To put it in a nutshell, Rainmeter is the best desktop customization program for Windows. Almost everyone would have watched Iron Man at least once! (If not please do so, its one of the best superhero movies out there) The biggest thing about it was the amazing GUI (graphics user interface) in Tony’s lab. To capture it simply, it would look something like this:
What you need:
A Windows PC (XP to Win8 supported)
A broadband internet connection for certain features.
and your good to go!
Its open source so free for download and of course customization! Click here to download. The Iron Man theme looks like:
Themes can be found here.
Again, the link to the original webpage is here.
1) First find the location of the app, document or folder you want to execute. For example if I want to execute uTorrent, ill naviagate to “C:\Program Files\uTorrent” and click on uTorrent.exe . So your required location for the app is “C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe”
2) Right click on the Skin and choose “Edit Skin” in the drop down menu. If the menu doesnt doesn’t appear it means you’re clicking in the wrong place. Move the mouse cursor and try again.
3) It opens a notepad file for you to modify. You’ll find text like this that keeps repeating, just with different values:
4) The first bold and Italian should be replaced with the location while the second should be replaced with the text you want to appear on the screen, to get something like this:
buttoncommand=!execute [“C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe”]
5) Save the document. Right click to get the same drop down menu mentioned in point 2. Click on “Refresh Skin” and voila!! You’re done 😀
More will be posted on how to edit your Weather, Notes and Slideshow app 🙂 Thanks for reading!
Hi people. I am Vidur Vishnudutt an 18-year-old College student from India. And yeah I am one among the millions of Engineering students from India ardently pursuing electronics as a passion.
My basic interests are blogging, surfing, chit-chats with friends, playing football ( I won’t call it soccer!), basketball and most other sports. And yeah Computers!! Computers have attracted me from the moment I got a chance to type away to my heart’s delight (8th grade to be precise). I started blogging recently after a friend introduced me to it. And I can confidently say that there is no substitute for a good teacher! 🙂
The reason I created my blog was to document all topics in the techno, gaming and college world which interest me with a dash of humor. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I have fun posting them. Keep reading Xtreme Techie! 😀